Cross-town Schools and Nursing Students
A cross-town school is a university or community college that offers AFROTC, but their students must attend classes at the host university. Students who attend cross-town schools will still receive academic credit for AFROTC classes from their institution.
The following schools have partnered with Baylor University to offer AFROTC:
- University of Mary-Hardin Baylor
- McLennan Community College
- Texas Tech University in Waco Campus
- Tarleton in Waco Campus
During the 23-24 Academic Year we will require crosstown students to also complete the following requirements:
- Complete an in-person interview with a Det Officer Cadre member.
- Complete a sports physical with your physician using the AFROTC Form 28
- Complete an Air Force Physical Fitness Assessment. Passing is not specifically required but your score will be taken into consideration for acceptance
- At this time we are not accepting crosstown students who cannot complete a full 4 years in AFROTC (i.e. students sophomore year or beyond)
Please contact us to get started on these requirements.
2023 Application Deadlines for all Det 810 Schools are listed below:
- Baylor - February 1st
- UMHB - End of May
- MCC - July 1st
- TTU - Aug 1st
- Tarleton - Aug 1st
AFROTC cadets who wish to pursue a degree in Nursing through Baylor University are still required to attend AFROTC classes in Waco, even though their upper-division classes are held at the Louise Herrington School of Nursing in Dallas. We offer our AFROTC classes during times our nursing cadets can attend, and we routinely graduate Air Force nurses.